امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 12,418 بار در 4,245 ارسال
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

English stories

#1 1388/11/16, 20:49
    در این قسمت می تونیم از داستان های کوتاه انگلیسی لذت ببریم.
    6 کاربر مقابل از آپامه عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند. hamideh, RedLove1988, sanam, taraneh, QueeN, طناز

عالمی دیگر بباید ساخت و از نو آدمی

نغمه ی دل
    آپامه آنلاین نیست.

2. 51,207 امتیاز ، سطح 70
    5% کامل شده  امتیاز لازم برای سطع بعدی 1,343
    36.6% فعالیت
    تاریخ عضویت
    1387/05/22
    محل سکونت
    IRAN
    نوشته ها
    امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

#2 1388/11/16, 20:55
    The Power of a Mother's Promise
    by Stacy Wiebe

Twenty-seven years ago this month, my mom made a promise that changed our lives forever.
    Now that I'm also a mother, I've come to see that promise as a kind of spiritual umbilical cord, a maternal link God used to bring new to life me and my family, and to countless others.

Prayer from a mother's heart
    On May 30, 1975 my sister Carey was born. She was a true angel baby - sleeping through the night from the day we brought her home. She completed a trio of girls; I was four, and Amy, two.
    A week after Carey's birth, Mom knew something was terribly wrong. Her left leg suddenly stopped working, dragging behind her.
    By the time she arrived at the hospital, her leg was dead black. An astute nurse immediately nailed the cause: blood clots. Two hundred of them, the doctor said, coursed through her veins. One passed through her lung, causing pneumonia and kidney failure.
    In her hospital bed, Mom had a conversation with God - something that had often comforted her battered heart as a child. Growing up, her parents partied hard and often abandoned her; when they were home, they were more harsh than loving. God's was the best listening ear she knew.
    Now she turned to it again: "Oh, God, I want to live to see my babies grow up and get married," she prayed. "Please help me. I will do anything…" And then she made a promise: "I'll… I'll read the Bible. From cover to cover."
    After 10 days in the hospital, Mom came home. The doctor said that if the clot that had passed through her lung had been a hair bigger, she wouldn't have survived.
    Revelation
    As she recovered, Mom remembered her promise. Starting in Genesis, she plodded through the super-size Bible she had bought, even though much of it seemed to reinforce her childhood notion that it was decipherable only by men who wore stiff collars.
    Even so, a lot of what she read moved her, and when she came upon the question "What must I do to be saved?" in the book of Acts, chapter 16, the answer spoke directly to her: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
    She responded then to God's voice in her spirit, and was filled with understanding of how His love had led Him to send His Son, Jesus, to take the punishment for everything she had ever done wrong in her life - and ever would do. "It was quite a revelation," she later told me.
    One thing I remember around this time is an earnest, private conversation with my mom. She revealed to me the truth about Santa Claus, and afterwards pulled out a book and read about a woman named Mary who had a baby named Jesus. She told me, "This story is real."
    The cross and the barber pole
    When I was eight, Mom decided our family needed to go to church. We attended various services, but church felt like a foreign, impenetrable culture with its own language and customs.
    Mom found herself offering up another big prayer, "God, if You really want us to go to church, You're going to have to send one to our back yard."
    God answered three months later in the form of a short Norwegian pastor in his 70s. He came to our door to invite us to a new church starting up at the barber/beauty shop three miles down the road. By country standards, three miles is on your front porch!
    We went to the inaugural service, walking past the hair-washing sinks to the main room of the A-frame building. Though we sat discreetly in the back, we failed to make ourselves invisible. In fact, that little community of about 20 people immediately embraced us and over time, through their lives, showed us the winsomeness and Truth of genuine Christianity. My mom grew in her faith, and it wasn't long before my dad, my two sisters and I each decided to follow Jesus as our Forgiver and Leader.
    Life, BC and AD
    In the following years, I had a front-row seat to changed lives. God re-fashioned my parents' character, their habits, and their attitudes.
    Their abundant affection and the inner experience I had of God's love under girded me during my awkward school-age years.
    Then I became a teenager.
    In ninth grade, I decided to change my misfit image for the gloss of popularity, whatever the cost. I'll come back to God later when I'm done doing things my way, I reasoned. I shrugged off any consequences and believed that to have a "good" testimony, like so many of the dramatic ones I had heard, that I had to have a "past."
    At 17, I finally woke up. God helped me imagine how my life might turn out if I continued shunning His love and leadership. I thanked God for protecting me in spite of my unwise choices and I realized the incredible privilege of having been spared the pain that my parents had experienced before knowing Christ.
    Three weddings and a baby
    When my sisters and I each married, Mom relished in the weddings. God answered her prayer that she would see us wed, and the subsequent ones that each of us would choose a mate who loved God.
    Her joy ballooned with the arrival of grandchildren, and when it was my husband Mike's and my turn to tell them we were adding to the brood; we flew home to share the news in person.
    A few days into our visit, my nurse-practitioner called. A blood test had come back positive for "Factor V Leiden," a genetic blood disorder that can cause clotting during pregnancy and post-partum. The nurse wanted me to start right away on injections of heparin, a blood-thinning medication. Without it there was a high risk for miscarriage, still birth or blood clots.
    At first I felt sorry for myself. Suddenly I was having a "high risk" pregnancy. Sticking my stomach with a needle twice a day was not the way I had envisioned enjoying my growing abdomen.
    Mom felt guilty: "How could I have passed this on to you?" she thought.
    It wasn't long before our emotions melted to thankfulness. God had intervened and prevented me from suffering what my mother had - or something worse. My obstetrician told me that few doctors are screening for this genetic blood disorder, which was discovered just 10 years ago.
    "Why me?" became, "Why have I been singled out for so great a grace?"
    A new branch
    On March 30, 2001 my mom witnessed for the first time the birth of a baby - my son, Liam.
    My greatest hope for Liam is that he will respond to God's gift of grace and follow Him with all his heart. As he grows, I will tell him that God has a plan for his life, and that He intervened to protect him in the womb. I'll tell him this parallels the way God's grace intervened to touch the spiritual deadwood that characterized our family tree, grafting in a new branch - one that is spiritually alive.
    And I'll tell him how it all began with a mother's promise.
    ~~~~~~
    A new branch in your family tree could start with you!
    As a young girl, my mom told her parents, “I am going to raise my family differently." They laughed and said, "You will see." She did not know then that the difference she would raise us girls with was Christ.
    Following Christ and creating a Christian home is something no one can do though, by just "trying really hard." We need help - or better - the one Jesus called the "Helper."
    If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, God has given you His Holy Spirit to help you live life according to His perfect plan. Why not pray this simple prayer and by faith invite Him to fill you with His Spirit:
    Dear Father, I need You. I acknowledge that I have sinned against You by directing my own life. I thank You that You have forgiven my sins through Christ's death on the cross for me. I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled, and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus. As an expression of my faith, I thank You for directing my life and for filling me with the Holy Spirit. Amen
    4 کاربر مقابل از آپامه عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند. hamideh, sanam, QueeN, طناز

نغمه ی دل
    آپامه آنلاین نیست.

3. 51,207 امتیاز ، سطح 70
    5% کامل شده  امتیاز لازم برای سطع بعدی 1,343
    36.6% فعالیت
    تاریخ عضویت
    1387/05/22
    محل سکونت
    IRAN
    نوشته ها
    امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

The History of the Middle Finger

#3 1389/01/15, 21:08
    The History of the Middle Finger

Well, now......here' s something I never knew before, and now that I know it, I feel compelled to send it on to my more intelligent friends in the hope that they, too, will feel edified. Isn't history more fun when you know something about it?

Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the English, proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers. Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow and therefore they would be incapable of fighting in the future. This famous English longbow was made of the native English Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as "plucking the yew" (or "pluck yew").

Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, See, we can still pluck yew! Since 'pluck yew' is rather difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodentals fricative F', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the one-finger-salute! It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as "giving the bird."

IT IS STILL AN APPROPRIATE SALUTE TO THE FRENCH TODAY!
    And yew thought yew knew every plucking thing.
    3 کاربر مقابل از آپامه عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند. sanam, QueeN, طناز

نغمه ی دل
    آپامه آنلاین نیست.

4. 33,158 امتیاز ، سطح 56
    9% کامل شده  امتیاز لازم برای سطع بعدی 1,092
    0% فعالیت
    تاریخ عضویت
    1387/07/11
    محل سکونت
    تهران
    نوشته ها
    امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 5,564 بار در 2,080 ارسال
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

Love Story

#4 1389/02/09, 02:03
    Where do i begin
    To tell the story
    Of how great ful love can be
    The sweet love story
    That is older than the sea
    That sings the truth
    about the love she brings to me
    Where do i start
    With the first hello
    She gave the meaning
    To this empty world of mine
    That never did
    Another love another time
    She came into my life
    And made a living fine
    She fills my heart
    With very special things
    With angel songs
    With wild imaginings
    She fills my soul
    With so much love
    That anywhere i go
    Im never lonely
    With her along
    who could be lonely
    I reach for her hand
    Its always there
    How long does it last
    Can love be measured
    by the hours in a day
    I have no answers no
    But this much i can say
    I know ill need her
    till this love song burn away
    And she;ll be there
    How long does it last
    Can love be measured
    by the hours in a day
    I have no answers no
    But this much i can say
    I know ill need her
    till this love song burn away
    And she'll be there
    در فروبسته ترین دشواری ،
    در گرانبارترین نومیدی ،
    بارها بر سرخود ، بانگ زدم :
    - هیچت ار نیست مخور خون جگر ،
    دست که هست !
    بیستون را یاد آر ،
    دست هایت را بسپار به کار ،
    کوه را چون پَر کاه از سر راهت بردار!http://telegrm.me/@afra_wooden
    taraneh آنلاین نیست.

5. 4,788 امتیاز ، سطح 20
    35% کامل شده  امتیاز لازم برای سطع بعدی 262
    0% فعالیت
    تاریخ عضویت
    1390/02/15
    محل سکونت
    kerman
    نوشته ها
    امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 102 بار در 58 ارسال
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

یه داستان انگلیسی با ترجمه

#5 1390/04/26, 17:19
    Two old gentlemen lived in a quiet street in Paris. They were friends and neighbours, and they often went for walks together in the streets when the weather was fine

Last Saturday they went for a walk at the side of the river. The sun shone, the weather was warm, there were a lot of flowers everywhere, and there were boats on the water

The two men walked happily for half an hour, and then one of them said to the other, 'That's a very beautiful girl

'Where can you see a beautiful girl?' said the other. 'I can't see one anywhere. I can see two young men. They are walking towards us

The girl's walking behind us,' said the first man quietly

'But how can you see her then?' asked his friend

The first man smiled and said, 'I can't see her, but I can see the young men's eyes

دو پيرمرد با شخصيت در يك خيابان آرام در پاريس زندگي مي‌كردند. آن‌ها دوست و همسايه بودند، و اغلب در روزهايي كه هوا خوب بود براي پياده‌روي به خيابان مي‌رفتند.

شنبه‌ي گذشته براي پياده‌روي به كنار رودخانه رفتند. خورشيد مي‌درخشيد، هوا
    گرم بود، تعداد زيادي گل در همه جا روييده بود، و قايق‌هايي كه در آب بودند.

دو مرد با خوشحالي يك ساعت و نيم قدم زدند، و در آن هنگام يكي از آن‌ها به ديگري گفت، چه دختر زيبايي

اون يكي گفت: دختر زيبا كجاست كه مي توني ببينيش؟ من نمي‌تونم ببينمش. فقط
    دو تا مرد جوان را دارم مي‌بينم كه روبري ما در حال قدم زدن هستند.

مرد اولي به آرومي گفت: دختر داره پشت ما راه مياد

دوستش گفت: پس چگونه مي‌توني اونو ببيني

مرد اولي لبخند زد و گفت: من اونو (دخترو) نمي‌تونم ببينم، اما چشماي آن دو مرد جوان رو كه مي‌تونم ببينم
    کاربر مقابل از msa عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده است: rita
    دراين دنياكه مردمانش عصا ازكور ميدزدند///من ازخوش باوري انجا محبت ارزو كردمgolgolgol
    msa آنلاین نیست.

6. 5,652 امتیاز ، سطح 22
    21% کامل شده  امتیاز لازم برای سطع بعدی 398
    0% فعالیت
    تاریخ عضویت
    1389/11/11
    محل سکونت
    ایران-مازندران
    نوشته ها
    امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 298 بار در 135 ارسال
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

#6 1390/08/08, 22:41
    A small crack appeared On a cocoon.
    روزي سوراخ كوچكي در يك پيله ظاهر شد.------------ --------- -

A man sat for hours and watched
    Carefully the struggle of the butterfly
    To get out of that small crack of cacoon.
    شخصي نشست و ساعت ها تقلاي پروانه براي بيرون آمدناز سوراخ كوچك پيله را تماشا كرد.

------------ --------- -

Then the butterfly stopped striving .
    It seemed that shewas exhausted and couidnot go on trying.

آن گاه تقلاي پروانه متوقف شد و به نظر مي رسيدكه خسته شده،و ديگر نمي تواند بهتلاشش ادامه دهد.------------ --------- -

The man decided to helpthe poor creature.
    He widened the crack by scissors.
    The butterfly cameout of cocoon easily, but her body wasTiny and her wings werewrinkled.
    آن شخص مصمم شد به پروانه كمك كندو با برش قيچي سوراخ پيله را گشاد كرد.پروانه به راحتي از پيله خارج شد،اما جثه اش ضعيف و بال هايش چروكيده بودند.
    ------------ --------- -

The man continued watching the butterfly.
    He expected tosee her wings become her body.
    But it did nothappen!

آن شخص به تماشاي پروانه ادامه داد .او انتظار داشت پر پروانه گسترده و مستحكم شودو از جثه ي او محافظت كند.اما چنين نشد!
    ------------ --------- -

As amatter of fact,the butterfly to crawl onThe ground for the rest of herlife,
    For she could never fly.
    در واقع پروانه ناچار شد همه ي عمر را روي زمين بخزدو هر گز نتوانست با بال هايش پرواز كند.
    ------------ --------- -

The kind man did not realize that God had arranged thelimitation of cocoon.
    And also the struggle for butterfly to get out ofit,
    so that a certain fluid could be discharged from herbody to enableher to fly afterward.
    آن شخص مهربان نفهميد كهمحدوديت پيله و تقلا براي خارج شدن از سوراخ ريزآن را خدا براي پروانه قرار داده بود،تا به آن وسيله مايعي از بدنش ترشح شودو پس از خروج از پيله به او امكان پرواز دهد.------------ --------- -

Sometimes struggling isthe only thing we need to do .
    گاهي اوقات در زندگي فقط به تقلا نياز داريم.
    ------------ --------- -

IfGod had provided us with n easy life to live without any difficulties,
    Thenwe become strong,and could not fly.

اگر خداوند مقرر مي كردبدون هيچ مشكلي زندگي كنيم،فلج مي شديم ،به اندازه ي كافي قوي نمي شديم و هرگز نمي توانستيم پرواز كنيم.

------------ --------- -

I asked for strength,andHe provided mewith enough difficultiesTo become strong.
    I asked forknowledge and He provided meمن نيرو خواستم و خداوند مشكلاتي سر راهم قرار داد، تا قوي شوم.من دانش خواستم و خداوند مسايلي براي حل كردن به من داد.------------ --------- -

Iasked for prosperity and promotion,
    and He provided me with abilitytothink and hands to work.
    I asked for bravery ,nd He providedMe withabstacles to overcome.
    من سعادت و ترقي خواستم و خداوند به منقدرت تفكر و زور بازو داد تا كار كنم.من شهامت خواستم و خداوند موانعي سر راهم قرار داد،تا آنها را از ميان بردارم.

------------ --------- -

I asked for motivation,and He showed me eople who needed help.
    Iasked for love and He provided me with opportunityTo give love toothers.

من انگيزه خواستم و خداوند كساني را به من نشان داد كه نيازمند كمك بودند.من محبت خواستم و خداوند به من فرصت داد تا به ديگران محبت كنم.------------ --------- -

I did not get what I wanted…..
    ButI was provided withwhat I needed.

«من به آنچه خواستم نرسيدم...اما آنچه به آن نياز داشتم ،به من داده شد.»
    ------------ --------- -

Donot worry,fightWith difficulties and be sureThat you canprevail over them.
    نترس با مشكلات مبارزه كنو بدان كه مي تواني بر آنها غلبه كني
    fatima20 آنلاین نیست.

7. 13,262 امتیاز ، سطح 34
    88% کامل شده  امتیاز لازم برای سطع بعدی 88
    0% فعالیت
    تاریخ عضویت
    1389/06/28
    محل سکونت
    تهران
    نوشته ها
    امتیاز
    سطح
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 903 بار در 318 ارسال
    دنبال شونده‌ها
    دنبال کننده‌ها

دوست داشتن

#7 1390/12/01, 14:09
    دوست داشتن در مقابل استفاده کردن

زمانيكه مردي در حال پوليش كردن اتوموبيل جديدش بود كودك 4 ساله اش تكه سنگي را بداشت و بر روي بدنه اتومبيل خطوطي را انداخت.
    While a man was polishing his new car, his 4 yr old son picked up a stone and scratched lines on the side of the car.

مرد آنچنان عصباني شد كه دست پسرش را در دست گرفت و چند بار محكم پشت دست او زد بدون انكه به دليل خشم متوجه شده باشد كه با آچار پسرش را تنبيه نموده
    In anger, the man took the child’s hand and hit it many times not realizing he was using a wrench.

در بيمارستان به سبب شكستگي هاي فراوان چهار انشگت دست پسر قطع شد

وقتي كه پسر چشمان اندوهناك پدرش را ديد از او پرسيد “پدر كي انگشتهاي من در خواهند آمد” !
    When the child saw his father with painful eyes he asked, ‘Dad when will my fingers grow back?’

آن مرد آنقدر مغموم بود كه هچي نتوانست بگويد به سمت اتوبيل برگشت وچندين باربا لگدبه آن زد
    The man was so hurt and speechless; he went back to his car and kicked it a lot of times.

حيران و سرگردان از عمل خويش روبروي اتومبيل نشسته بود و به خطوطي كه پسرش روي آن انداخته بود نگاه مي كرد . او نوشته بود ” دوستت دارم پدر”
    Devastated by his own actions, sitting in front of that car he looked at the scratches; the child had written ‘LOVE YOU DAD

روز بعد آن مرد خودكشي كرد
    The next day that man committed suicide. . .

خشم و عشق حد و مرزي ندارنددومي ( عشق) را انتخاب كنيد تا زندكي دوست داشتني داشته باشيد و اين را به ياد داشته باشيدكه
    Anger and Love have no limits; choose the latter tohave a beautiful, lovely life & remember this:

اشياء براي استفاد شدن و انسانها براي دوست داشتن مي باشند
    Things are to be used and people are to be loved.

در حاليك امروزه از انسانها استفاده مي شود و اشياء دوست داشته مي شوند.
    The problem in today’s world is that people are used while things are loved.

همواره در ذهن داشته باشيد كه:
    Let’s try always to keep this thought in mind:

اشياء براي استفاد شدن و انسانها براي دوست داشتن مي باشند
    Things are to be used,People are to be loved.

مراقب افكارتان باشيد كه تبديل به گفتارتان ميشوند
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.

مراقب گفتارتان باشيد كه تبديل به رفتار تان مي شود
    Watch your words; they become actions.

مراقب رفتار تان باشيدكه تبديل به عادت مي شود
    Watch your actions; they become habits.

مراقب عادات خود باشيدشخصيت شما مي شود
    Watch your habits; they become character;

مراقب شخصيت خود باشيدكه سرنوشت شما مي شود
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

خوشحالم كه دوستي اين پيام را براي ياد آوري به من فرستاد
    I’m glad a friend forwarded this to me as a reminder.

اميدوارم كه روز خوبي داشته و هر مشكلي كه با آن روبرو هستيد
    I hope you have a good day no matter what problems you may face.

آخرين روز آن باشد و تمام شود
    It’s the only day you’ll have before it’s over

آزادی شایسته ی کسانی است که هرروز بتوانند بر هوسهای خود چیره شوند
    اهورامزدا آنلاین نیست.

اطلاعات موضوع

کاربرانی که در حال مشاهده این موضوع هستند

در حال حاضر 1 کاربر در حال مشاهده این موضوع است. (0 کاربران و 1 مهمان ها)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست کنید.
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •