It’s always too early to quit
Author: Norman Vincent Peale

Translation: It’s Always too early to quit

It’s late at night. I feel like sleeping. It’s almost 2 am and I’m tired. I had a long day. I got home and I wanted to go to sleep, but I didn’t. I made a decision that today, I will start this blog no matter what. It’s an idea I came upon today while sitting with a good friend, talking about life, business, and exchanging ideas.

Then this idea came to my mind and I didn’t want to postpone it. I decided to start it today no matter what so that I know I did something meaningful today. I could have went to sleep – but if I did, maybe tomorrow I’d be too caught up with life to start this blog and it would never happen. So even though it’s “late” it’s still too early to quit, not just this day – but life, or anything else you are doing.

If success was easy, everybody would be doing it. It’s not, and that’s why we take the harder road, because it pays more in the end. I could have quit and finished my day the easy way. Watching TV, or going to sleep easier and sleeping longer tomorrow. But I didn’t. “Sleep is for poor people,” as 50 Cent says.

We have to be different. We must keep moving forward even when we feel tiredness or pain, when we are ready to give up on our goals – when we start losing hope – that’s when you have to push harder. Day by day, little by little. So often just when we are about to quit, if we just keep pushing a little bit more – thigns suddenly turn for the better. Increse your pain tolerance treshold. Be ready to take more pain and keep going. That’s what makes great people great! Their ability to keep pushing and not giving up despite all difficulties.

Most people say “I can’t” and simply give up at the slightest amount of pain or resistance. Of course you can’t if you say you can’t! Change your attitude and you change your world.

By following Peale’s “It’s always too early to quit” quote, you end up being persistent until you find a solution, until you reach your goal, win, conquer, achieve. You get to your destination because whenever you think of quitting, you remember “it’s too early” and this leads you to victory. Because you stay in the game as long as it takes. Quitting is simply not an option.

It doesn’t exist as an option. Quitting is a word that doesn’t exist in your, a winner’s, dictionary. If it does – scratch it out, delete it and delete it all the way out of your head, so that not even an “Undo” can work.

Let me know when did you want to quit last time and why? What made you change your mind?

Jack